- Peel the potatoes and set them boiling with a sprig
- Dice up the chosen veg.
- Select a suitable size frying pan and place one-tablespoon
of sunflower oil in it. (For added flavour I use the sunflower oil
I have previously cooked chips in).
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic and place in
the pan and fry gently
- Add the barbecue seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Slice the sausages into rounds after defrosting
fry until light brown and mix into the onions, garlic and diced veg.
Turn down the heat and fry gently.
- Drain the potatoes and thoroughly mash, introduce
the cheese, butter and milk bringing the mash to a creamy consistency.
- Fold in the sausage, onion and veg mixture and again
- Serve onto heat resistant dishes and smooth over
or fashion. Finely grate the vegetarian applewood cheese over the
mixture and brown under the grill until golden